26 août 2008

New Journal

I started a new journal and wanted to have a nice cover so…
I gesso-ed the orange cover and sketched an imaginary tree scape with the Caran d’Ache neocolor II water-soluble wax pastels.
These are wonderful to work with. A specially because I can blend the sketches with water.
Once dried I applied a varnish to protect this front page.
Since a blank journal isn’t a journal yet before something is written in it, I first wrote a review about the Marseille IV- collage.

Then I doodled :
This one makes me think of a lost word becoming a whole colourful story :

And this one a peacock that has lost his pride and seeks for his feathers:


These doodles are one of the ways I’m searching for ideas that I can translate in fibre.
It’s not because I show the idea that it will become a reality in fabric.
From the 100 ideas I write down, there’s maybe one that is a ‘go-for-it’.
“Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most”.
Mark Twain
Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: