3 août 2008

Marseille III

I started a third work on Marseille.
This one will be : “Cale sèche, le vieux Port de Marseille”

Because one forget easily I had written some words in my journal. I had draw the picture with Electric Quilt 6 : I chose the fabrics

I traced a mirror image from my design on the back of my stabiliser.
And started to sew from the back. I like raw edge appliqué because I can thread paint easily after I’m finished. Not very exciting for the moment, but once finished…
It is my intention to make a series about my trip to Marseille.
This town has impressed me more than Barcelona.
Maybe because I understood the people when they said something.
One day I will learn Spanish.

End October/begin November we will go to New Orleans and Houston ; New Orleans for culture, Houston for the quilt show.
I hope to see many of you there.

“From a worldly point of view, there is no mistake so great as that of being always right”.
Samuel Butler

Write you soon
Nathalie

1 commentaire:

Rhonda a dit…

Wow! You really know how to use EQ6. I'm just starting out. You have great ideas. Good for you. My "wacky" group is thinking about going back to the Houston Quilt Show this year. It is huge and you'll need at least a couple of days to get through it. Take care.