7 août 2008

Eyes

Today I played with gel medium, gesso and caran d'ache neocolor II pastels.
I spread some gesso on a paper surface, used a fork (won't be used to eat with again !) to obtain some design in the gesso, cutted some lace-scraps and putted them in the gesso.
Once the gesso dry, I used my pastels and watered the whole page with a fine brush.

I tried the same with gel medium and used butterfly-stencils, I added watercolours to accentuate the relief.
Hhere I used gesso again with the butterfly-stencils and I added critter-stamps.
To speed up the drying process, I used my hair-dryer.
To fix the colours on fabric or paper I even use my iron.
My kids have to pay attention which iron and iron-table they use otherwise...

My collage of the day was : Eyes ! Why ? Because I have a bad sight, without glasses I don't see a thing. And I believe that the eyes are the expression of the soul.

Good news : My eldest daughter has found a job. She went on a solicitation and an hour later she knew she had the (fulltime)job and had to start working in the afternoon. She was soo happy !

"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." Sam Ewing

Write you soon
Nathalie

1 commentaire:

ACey a dit…

Hi Nathalie - I love to visit your blog and see what you have done that day to share with us. Thanks for stopping to leave encouragement on mine. Will be interesting to see how everyone develops their studio journals on their own. Congratulations to your daughter!