1 juillet 2008

Unfinished work

For all those one who are thinking that I finish every thing I make.
Here are my UFO'S :

exercise in thread painting,
I started after reading the book 'Threadplay' from Libby Lehman.
I underestimated the time I had to spend to sew those circles.
From time to time I take that top and threadpaint as warm-up for another work.
Sooner or later it will be finished.




The second UFO is a 'ghost-idea', I made this top with an idea in my head, but forgot to write my idea down. It was made using Dena Crain method of 'structured fabric'.


This one was started in a class conducted by Debbie Babin, but due to family-issues I wasn't able to continue the lessons. With the TAG-project in mind I know I will be able to concentrate me more on this Floral Pizzazz. I also absolutly wanted to only use my own hand-dyed fabric. I will have to change my mind about that ; a woman's privilege !

This last Instant Art Quilt has been made in a workshop conducted by Ellen Lindner. It's the third in the serie. The hand-dyed fabrics were choosed and layered by my youngest daughter. We only have to agree if we want to add some appliqué or slice it and sew it on a special way. We are in full debate.

I hope you enjoyed all those UFO'S !

I want to thanks all those who commented the 'Old Wheel'. My heart warmed up to high temperatures with all those compliments. Thank you again.

"I've learned that you can't have everything and do everything at the same time."

Oprah Winfrey (1954- )

write you soon

Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: