5 juillet 2008

Cutting Junkie

I have many sketchbooks, all of them have a different size.
I carry a little (yellow) one (6 x 4 inch) in my handbag- I prefer little handbags.
This little sketchbook is also used as notebook : when I’m eating out and the presentation of the food is unusual : I make some quick notes. Or a terrific recipe…
I also use that sketchbook as post-it or agenda.

The next size I use is 8.5 x 6 inch, I have 2 of them. One in my bedroom and the other at work. I also have an in between, 7 x 5 inch, I carry that one when I’m taking holidays.


The biggest one , 8.5 x 11.75 is only to be used in my studio. I use that one to work further on the ideas I wrote in the other ones.


Early, this morning I started cutting colour chips from magazines. Not the most pleasant work but then I had the idea to use the ‘photo cutter’ .

My paper chips were cut in no time. I now have to look for another magazine to cut more.


“Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: