8 juillet 2008

Exhibition

Ellen Lindner asked me if she could put a picture of my ‘Remember René Magritte’ in her student gallery (see her link at right). I gladly said ‘yes’.

About galleries :
I’m having an exhibition at the end of the year : starting on 13 December till 16 January.
At first, I didn’t want to accept but on the other side : this is giving a HUGE kick !
The title of the exhibition will be : ‘From Patchwork to Art Textile’
This exhibition will show my evolution from the first steps till now. I’m so excited the culture department of the town nearby asked me. I already had exhibited some work 5 years ago, back then, it was with other quilters.

I wasn’t very ‘fibre-active’ yesterday evening.
A lot of work in the shop and I overworked some hours : went directly from work in bed. It doesn’t seem it will be better today : the shops in the street are holding a ‘garage sale’ evening tonight and we also participate.
Just hope the rain will not me the ‘fun breaker’ .

This is a little colour exercise I made.
I embroidered some words on the surface : “Besoin d’Amour’.
It’s a word association I made after I ripped some magazines apart for the colour chips I needed.

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. “
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: