13 juillet 2008

Still Playing

From time to time I take some play-time and obviously that play time is now. For several days now, I’m playing. Playing with colors, papers, fabrics, glue, threads enz….I’m doing some repetitive exercises but every time in a different way. The more I do, the more I find other ways to do the same. “All the roads ARE going to Rome”.
Those exercises are giving me the peace I miss since we’re back from Marseille : I was truly overwhelmed by all the beauty of the region.
Lucky you, Vero !

I glued pattern paper on fabric and then painted the surface. Then I was soo stupid enough to add salt on the surface.

Once dry I can assure you that I had to rub the salt to get rid of it.
But… I obtained a nice effect.
And I laughed for at least 5 minutes because of my ‘distraction’.
This is the result of my paper-fabric :
For the moment it’s only layered down – not sewed yet.

I played with EQ and made some positive/negative images, once you see the profiles, once you see a vase.




“I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. “
Thomas Jefferson(1734-1826)

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: