29 juillet 2008

Fire Bird

I finished the ‘Fire Bird’ and I like the naïve look of that bird.
I got the pattern from mixed media artist Terri Stegmillar.

Painting the paper/fabric took me ‘some’ time : I hesitated about the type of paint to use, a real luxury problem.
We –as artist- are spoiled, we have plenty tools to choose from and when there is a new product/toy coming out we hardly resist !
The same with fabric. Compared to many of us, I do not have that much fabric and I think it has been at least 4 months that I went on 'fabric-hunt-shopping' !

For the moment I’m working with copy-free clip-art and wingding-a letter type- in Word.
Her is an example of wingding : Nathalie.
I just wrote my name.

But I prefer –for now- playing with clip-art.

I cropped a detail from the clip-art image and I’m transforming the detail to obtain some ideas for further use.
This is a painted detail that is waiting for more addition :


“Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
Albert Einstein

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: