25 juillet 2008

Journal Making

Some months ago my youngest daughter asked me to make a journal with some handmade papers she had bought. She wanted a journal where she could put her dearest pictures in.

So I had a reason to take a class from Sue Bleiweiss ‘Journal making for the fiber artist”.
This journal is the result :

I used the text from : "les feuilles mortes" written by Jacques Prévert and played with ‘wordle’ a software program that creates word-clouds.
I mirror printed the words on iron-on transfers, chose a background fabric and ironed the transfer on the fabric.
After I made the cover, I sewed a magnet button as closure.
And last but not least, I added the pages in the journal.

I just had the time to take pictures from the finished journal that my youngest took it so she could fill it with her photos and text.

"I still believe that at any time the no-talent police will come and arrest me."
Mike Myers

Write you soon
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Nathalie, I just love this journal. I had played with Wordle, but hadn't really thought about how I could use it, but what you have done really excites me. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Terri Stegmiller a dit…

I love how you used wordle to create your cover.