9 juillet 2008

Sunny Landscape

This day is so gray that everyone would turn depressive : a lot of clouds, a lot of wind and a lot of rain.
So I decided to finish a funny little project : “Sunny landscape”.

I sketched a simple landscape on Avalon.
Then I putted the Avalon in an embroidery ring and started to ‘free-machine-embroider’.
After I finished to embroider, I made my background : a simple stipple quilted quilt.
Once the Avalon solved in water and the embroidery dry, I stitched the two together.


I have a new quilt idea for my future workshop with Ellen Lindner ,
’Design your own Nature Quilt’ :


I took this picture on the Isle of Frioul while being in Marseille. These flowers were the rare ones we saw on the island. They look so fragile and yet these are so strong.

“Though we travel the word over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not”.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: