29 novembre 2008

Comment Book

I’m making a comment book for the exhibition. I want to have a souvenir of all the people who come visit and look at the exhibition.
Since I live at the coast my theme is : sea and shells.

I gessoed the cover of a sketchbook and added several found items :
Scrap fabrics, knitting wool, a picture of a shell and feathers.
I added some stencils
And I will add some colour once the stencil has dried.

In fact, I’m making two books : the second is for my 46 year young sister-in-law who’s fighting against breast cancer.
I wanted a happy theme : thus : orange representing the sun and a butterfly representing the fragility. I will add some threads as connection between the elements and some stencilling also.

Sarah Whitmire is showing us who to make those journals in a ‘altered journals’workshop, she’s working with paper, I’m working with fabric.

“Life is just one damned thing after another.”
Elbert Hubbard

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: