11 novembre 2008

Tyvek

Not all tyvek were created equal fully !
I painted a ‘fabric’ tyvek (see previous post).
Then I cut it in squares and sewed it down to my painted background. I zapped the tyvek with my heat gun and this is the result :
Here you have a detail shot :
I used a metallic thread to sew the tyvek on the background. I’m happy that the paint on the zapped tyvek is more intense !
I think I will use a black background to finish this piece and frame it.
I like the ‘unfinished‘ look of this work :
What I meant in saying that not all tyvek are the same was : Once you start to alter the tyvek, it doesn’t react the same way if you use ‘envelop tyvek’ = heavy or the ‘fabric’ tyvek = light.
If I had used the heavy tyvek I would have had bubbles instead of holes.
Since I wanted the effect I have now, using the light tyvek was ideal.
What I didn’t remember, was that my colours would be more pronounced.
This was a happy accident.

I’m having an idea : I could stitch a text directly on this work ?
Perhaps a poem ?
I’m hesitating…
Should I give it a try … or not.
Anyone any advice ?

“We must give lengthy deliberation to what has to be decided once and for all.”
Publilius Syrus (~100BC)

Write you soon
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Terri Stegmiller a dit…

I like how this turned out Nathalie. I also like the unfinished look of the raw edges. I can never decide if I should add text to my work either. I'm not too much help in that area.

Mai-Britt Axelsen a dit…

So very beautiful - I just love happy accidents.......... So much more fun than planning.