27 février 2009

Ready ?

After some side walks, I have my mind on ‘Marseille L’Estaque’ again.
I had trouble in finding my border, but once I sewed the borders on my work I knew I was right on track !
Taking a little break from a work is sometimes useful. This gave me the possibility to replace some elements in their perspectives.

This is how my work looked when I started yesterday in the early evening :
This is a step later : I changed the black spot and sewed some more ‘leaves’.Which version do you prefer ? I’m all ears…
And here it’s ready for quilting :
I added some more thread painting in the tree, I used a metallic thread to add some sun reflection.
“Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.”
Franklin P. Jones

Write you soon,
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

J'aime beaucoup cette pièce - et tout ce que tu fais en général !
Il me semble que dans la première version ,le morceau noir équilibrait mieux la composition ,en faisant écho à la voûte en haut à droite - dans la 2° version , cela met pratiquement toutes les surfaces noires sur la moitié droite - Mais , bien sûr , c'est difficile de juger sur une petite photo .j'attends avec impatience de voir ton quilting !

Judy Sall Fiber Art a dit…

Nathalie, I like the changes you made! Bringing the foliage out into the border is a nice touch, and covering the black area with the blue-green adds enough light to keep that area from being overpowering. I can't wait to see the piece when you have finished quilting!

Judy