19 septembre 2008

A step at the time

Since I have a lot of work in our shop, I do not have as much creative time as I wish. But I’m going a step at the time. I enjoy it when you see a work changing.

I took this picture when I thought I had added enough green.
I find it useful to take on-going pictures because I can see ‘from a distance’on my computer screen.
You can’t see the ‘total picture’ well when you have your nose on it.
This is even more truth when it’s a bigger work.

After I took the picture above, I decided to retrieve some green stems. Maybe I will decide to add them again later, but not on this stage !

Here I started adding my flower heads.
I cut them in a ‘naïve’ way.
Don’t think, DO !
Some more flowers are added. So far, I like the result !
The vivid colour of the flower heads is adding rhythm and balance to my work.
It begins to swing.
I think I will add some yellow/orange flowers near the light green on the bottom right.

“The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: