17 septembre 2008

Frioul

After sketching and hesitating about the ‘what if ?’ and ‘how ?’ I finally started with the fabric version of ‘Marseille V-Frioul’.
I first tried with different sky fabrics but I wasn’t happy with the result, the sky transition was too abrupt.
For the water fabric I had less problems after deciding adding a blue organza on the surface, I wanted the water to shine a little.
It is not very noticeable on the picture.

Without organza :
with organza :
I retrieved the different sky fabrics and used a fossil fern fabric.
It is a different fabric than the middle fabric of the first pictures.
I didn’t remember I had that one in my stash.


I’m happy with my background and I will continue to build my quilt on it.
I will add the green fabric this evening.

“The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

Write you soon
Nathalie

1 commentaire:

Karen a dit…

Very nice. The fabrics are perfect.