3 septembre 2008

Quilting

I finished quilting some works and I’m sad and happy at the same time.
When you finish a work you spend some time with, you’re glad you see the finished result and you’re glad you can move on to something else. At the same time you have to let go that work and you realise you never will hold it like you used to hold it in your hand while working on it.
I kept the quilting very simple : the boat is quilted in the ditch and I echoed the colour accent with a metallic thread. The quilting lines are parallel with the accents, it’s the picture that was not so well taken.
The binding will also be a sheer ribbon.


I received some wonderful compliments about this little quilt :

One from Dena Crain- she gave me the opportunity to learn the ‘darning method’- and Ellen Lindner. See both links at the right.

Dena wrote me that ‘a picture on fabric will still be a only picture’ but thanks to what I did with this work, she had a second look at it.


Ellen wrote me that what I did with this quilt made her ‘wanting to search for some pictures and also work them out.


I don’t need to say that I was very flattered.


“An executive is a person who always decides, sometimes he decides correctly, but he always decides.”
John H. Patterson

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: