30 juillet 2009

Holey Moley Club

Since the beginning of the month I started a year-long during challenge/workshop organized by Dale.
Every other month a new ‘task’ is given to work/play with.
As warm up exercise and because I first wanted to finish another workshop, I did a postcard-sized surface :The woven paper/fabric strips were sewn on painted/ironed cellophane and a coloured fabric background with a patterned stitch.
I sewed with a ‘circle pattern stitch’ because I wanted to accentuate the holes made by the bubbles.
The strips were kept apart as false illusion of freedom for the air bubbles.

The second ‘exercise’ I did, was stitching with a napkin and then distress the surface.
This will be layered on top of this drawing :
Cold heart trapped :
Meanwhile…
Ellen Lindner asked me if she could use my ‘Marseille – Frioul’ quilt I made during her class : “Design you own nature quilt” last year. Of course, I agreed.
You can read about it on her blog and on her website. I can only say that this was a FANTASTIC workshop and it’s starting again on august, 7th.


"A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind".
Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Write you soon,
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: