31 janvier 2009

Creative Challenge

This is where I am in the “mystery” challenge so far.
and a detail :
It’s the only thing I stitched in the past days, well...I did some more stitching.
Since we receive one task at the time, we do not know where we are going.

I’m still in the middle of the moving of my eldest daughter. I still have to get many things out of the boxes and sort.
I rediscovered those old Indian stamps, they were used to stamp a pattern for those fabulous Indian carpets/rugs.
I arranged them in a ‘still live’ with my received old lace bobbins.

For my “City and Guild creative sketchbook module 3” I’m gathering some inspirational pictures. No problem with that ! I only have to search for them in all the drawers in my studio and near my bed.
Since I’m in the middle of rearranging most of my stuff…

I also did a ‘similar colour’ exercise with a contrasting accent
This is the sewed result so far :

And with some embellishment stitches :
I’m still auditioning some fabrics to be used as border for my ‘Marseille L’Estaque’.
Without probing result for the moment.
But tonight I will do some more searching for ‘Marseille L’Estaque’. I want to continue this one and FINISH it. Since I promised myself not to have any unfinished work …
Keep focussed !


"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap ... but by the seeds you plant! "
Robert Louis Stevenson
Write you soon
Nathalie.

1 commentaire:

Laura Jayne a dit…

Wow, this is amazing. You paint beautifully with fabric.