6 janvier 2009

Winter evenings

Every evening I try to take the time to play in my studio.
I have to confess : Tiered or not I “play” at least half an hour.
I continued to make the exercise samplers for the class I will give :

This is the embroidered tyvek sample
Working with tyvek is an adventure : you never know how it will look once zapped.

I worked a little on my City and Guild course module 2 : looking for information about drawing material and painting some samples.

Yesterday evening was our sewing evening with 2 friends. We started the round robin and this is my background so far :
I only used small leftovers from previous works. I sewed them on a muslin background.
The flower will be appliquéd on the collage top.
I went from light to dark to represent the shadow/sun side.

For now I will continue thread painting ‘Marseille VI – L’Estaque” .


"Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation. "
Frank McKinney Hubbard

Write you soon
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: