21 décembre 2008

Started

After I chose my fabric for “Marseille VI - L’Estaque’ I started to draw my design on a fabric stabilizer.
I prefer to draw and then sew on fabric because I thread paint a lot once my basic sewing is done. With the 2 or 3 layers of fabric I can finish with an almost flat surface.
One big advantage is that I don’t have to tear the ‘stitch and tear’ stabilizer !
I don’t always stick to my coloured drawing and to the chosen fabrics. I love to have the ability to change my mind !I started to layer ‘the background’ ; the sky, the greens, a part of the bridge and the shadows in the buildings.
As you can see, I didn’t draw the tree on the foreground. I haven’t decided yet how I will finish it.

“Everything you can imagine is real.”
Pablo Picasso

Write you soon
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Can't wait to see this piece finished Nathalie.

Margarita Korioth a dit…

I will come and see the progress ,can't wait to see it with all the stitching.
"Felices Fiestas"(happy holidays) form the tropics!