31 décembre 2008

Classes

I accepted to give classes again after a 2 year break.
The demand was such that I couldn’t say no any more.
I will give a ‘beginner Art Textile’ class in ‘Patchwork Studio’ a shop in Harelbeke, Belgium halfway February.
This class is for all those wishing to learn freeing ways of doing patchwork and wanting to take a step further – going closer to ‘Art Textile’.
It will be a two-days workshop.
I will show how to thread paint, giving dimension with fabric, working with Angelina, tyvek, food wrap, candy wraps and Caran d’Ache neocolor II.
The result will be a reference textile book, so that those following the workshop will have the notes and the examples in one place.
This is a peak :

As you can see : some materials aren't easy to take in picture !

I used the ‘Mistyfuse’ I bought in Houston for the page/fabric assemblage.
This is a great product !
Thank you, Iris for the development of this fusible webbing.
I even coloured mistyfuse using diluted textile paint :
The biggest advantage of mistyfuse : this product don’t stick.
Another fusible webbing is always sticking on your fingers or fabric or on itself while you don’t want it to stick before you want it to stick.

I decided to rewrite and make new examples for the class.
For the examples : no problems, enough ideas.
But since the class will be given in two languages (at the same time) I have to make sure I have two class-preparations, one in French, the other in Dutch.

That’s the reason why I didn’t continue ‘Marseille VI – L’Estaque’.
But tomorrow will be my play day : can’t wait playing with ‘Marseille VI’ !


My new year resolutions are :
- not making a single new UFO.
- When I take an on-line class, making sure I can participate for a 100 %
That’s all !
I do not want to make promises I can’t hold !


“Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.”
Oscar Wilde

Happy New Year !
Write you soon
Nathalie

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Happy New Year Nathalie! I wish I lived closer because I'd be the first one to sign up for your class :)