10 juin 2008

Walking

We have, at last, sunny weather. With the sea breeze, the temperature is about 20°C. Just enough to work and perfect for a walk.




The walking routes along the beach and the dunes are numerous and interesting.




So……Went for a walk with my dog and looked at the old houses in the neighbourhood. I really looked at them and there are some jewels of architecture.
These holiday houses were build at the beginning of past century for the Brussels’ ‘bourgeoisie’ and were only used during the summer months july and august. Later some famous artists came living in my village, Paul Delvaux is probably the most famous of them.



I added a picture from a quilt I made some time ago : it represents the horse path to the beach.

I hope you enjoyed my 'promenade' of my village.

Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: