15 décembre 2009

Blue forest - forêt bleue

Yesterday, Ellen asked me different questions about this work.
First of all :
This is a snapshot of an image in my mind. I made a detailed sketch of it in my journal and found the drawing strong enough to execute in fabric.
This is also a proverb I will try to translate : “Between de forest you can’t see the tree.”
I will let you all think about the meaning of it. But, I see it as a milestone in my life.
If I had to choose my most important fabric works, this one would certainly be part of my top 5.
The size of my blue trees so far is: 24x 20inch.
I don’t know if I will add a border, sometimes it’s a yes, sometimes it’s a no.
I let this work dialogue with me. Strange feeling !

Hier, Ellen m’a posée plusieurs questions concernant ma forêt bleue.
Commençons par le début :
Ce travail est comme une photo polaroïd d’une image dans ma tête. J’ai fait une esquisse détaillée dans mon journal et j’ai trouvé le résultat assez fort pour la réaliser en tissue.
C’est également un proverbe qu’ « à travers la forêt on ne voit plus l’arbre. »
Vous faites la déduction que vous voulez, mais pour moi ce fut un tournant important dans ma vie.
Si j’avais à choisir 5 travaux textiles importants, celui-ci ferait parti du top 5.
La dimension de ce travail jusqu’à présent : 60 x 40 cm.
Je n’ai pas encore décidé si j’ajoute un bord ou non.
Entre ce travail et moi s’est installé un dialogue. Très étrange !

Write you soon,
À très bientôt,
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Ellen Lindner a dit…

Hi Nathalie,

Thanks for answering my questions about your blue trees. As you know, I like this piece very much.

I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing what creative things you're up to.

Ellen Lindner

Martha Lever a dit…

These are lovely pages and I love the colors. Very nice!!!