31 mai 2009

UFO's : minus one

I took one of my UFO’s and decided to finish it.
I’m not used to work with those ‘soft candy ‘ colours, although I dyed the fabric some years ago.
I was inspired by a work I made some months ago (Marseill - Frioel) :
And this is what I made so far :
I appliquéd free-hand cut circles with a free-motion stitch.
I still miss ‘that’ little detail that makes a work, a better work.
Any one, any idea ?
You’re most welcome !
I still have to add a border, nothing complicated…

“The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back. Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.”
Barbara Hall

Write you soon
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Anne Marie - Toronto a dit…

You could always layer it with organza and then "smash" it with the embellisher. Hee, hee, hee....

Malissa a dit…

I LOVE what you've done with this. You've taken an ordinary quilt object and made it very special. Can't wait to see how you finish it up!