27 mai 2009

New toy

Last day, when I went on hunting for well defined colours in the neosoluble caran d’ache II, I found and came home (or what do you think ?) with this box :
The shop where I went didn’t bought the pastels neo color II a piece, only in a box and since I wanted some beiges to make faces.
In the museum box, I have several ‘skin’ colours. I was going to buy only the colours I needed, but when I calculated the amough I had to buy, I came to the conclusion that it was more interesting to buy the box.

These crayons are ‘greasier’ than the pencils but ‘dryer’ that the neo colors II.
The mechanical pencils lays good in the hand and the colours are wonderful when used dry or watered.
I started to sketch a flower to test my new toy :
And ended up with this :
I used different kinds of caran d’ache, the blue background are the watered museum pencils, the leaves are also the museum pencils but then used dry. The tip is staying sharp for a longer time than a normal pencil. In some circumstances this is important.

The next drawing is - a flower again – a sketch I made for DH who was coming home very late because of a business meeting.
I wrote a “girly quote” : ‘I love you, a little, much, still, always, in black and white and the most in colour.’
I felt the kiss when he came sleeping.

I had the honour to met Marie Claire Saint Maux ( her blog ) who came visiting me Monday.
We first ‘met’ online in the yahoo group from Dena Crain the ‘Darned quilt group’.
Marie-Claire asked if someone was living in Belgium thus…
After some e-mails we took a rendez-vous at my place.
Marie-Claire, her partner and me talked a bit about the difficulties to find same minded (art) souls.
I hope we will have the opportunity to realize some great things together.


‘One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.’

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Write you soon
Nathalie

2 commentaires:

Diane Cransac a dit…

Interesting play with the pencils! I need to try mine out more. I am only beginning to start drawing again.

septembermom a dit…

Love your work! The Goethe quote is perfect.