22 septembre 2009

Creativity Boost

I came back from Ste Marie aux Mines with a head full of ideas.

The exhibition was of a high, very high level.
Can’t help it but I much preferred the exhibition in St-Marie than in Houston.
It is probably because I more love innovating work/art rather than traditional quilts.
I have an immense respect for those who produce traditional handmade quilts because it’s time consuming.
I saw a retrospective from the Gee’s Bend quilts. I had the chance to receive an explanation from the delegated person. I was impressed because they’ve developed their own style of quilts.

I also had the chance to meet and talk with Sandra Meech-I only bought one book and it was hers- and Michael and Judith James. I was totally impressed by the work of Tiziana Tateo, an Italian artist. I talked a bit with her and she told me she had an exhibition in Belgium, not so far from my home, but I missed it and I’m sorry.
I can only say I was happy to have travelled to see all those art works on 21 different sites.
DH asked me if I had to choose one : Ste Marie or Houston, my answer is without a doubt : Ste Marie aux Mines.

“So you see : imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering.”
Brenda Ueland

Write you soon,
Nathalie

Aucun commentaire: