7 avril 2010

Strong Lines – Traits épurés

Most of the time, you don’t need many details to recognize something or someone.
The association of an image with an object is made in a second.
I try to apply the same rules in my art : simple but strong lines: finding and keeping the spirit in a few lines.

Des fois, il ne faut pas beaucoup de détails pour reconnaître instantanément quelque chose ou quelqu’un.
L’association d’une image avec un objet se fait en un clin d’œil.
Dans ce que je crée, je recherche – la plupart du temps – des lignes simplifiées et épurées. Trouver et reproduire l’âme en quelques traits.

I just realized that when I was thinking I hadn’t a particular style in my art, I have my very own style. The subjects I choose are eclectic but my style is that I simplify the designs.
I create on my own level and try to explain the different steps I take as simple as possible.
I like to make my art as accessible as possible for everyone.

Je me suis réalisée récemment que, pensant que je n’avais pas un style particulier dans mes créations, j’ai mon style. Les sujets choisis sont éclectiques mais mon style consiste à simplifier mes représentations.
Je crée à mon niveau et j’essaye d’expliquer les étapes pour y arriver aussi simplement que possible.
J’aime que mon art soit accessible à tous.
 
write you soon,
à très bientôt,
 
Nathalie

1 commentaire:

Judy Alexander a dit…

It's great to find your own style and be comfortable with it. I seem to have gotten away from mine and have been thinking of returning to what I really love. So many times we try to do things to please other people.