11 août 2010

Blue dream – Rêve bleu

I finished my ‘Blue Dream”

I spent a lot of time in cutting the threads between some of the letters.
This improvised piece measures +/- 21 x 33 inch.
I combined several techniques:
The improvised collage of ripped fabric,
To keep it all in place, I sewn it all together,
I stamped some forms with textile paint,
I embroidered some poems
And to finish I quilted this work.


J’ai terminé mon “Rêve Bleu”

J’ai passé énormément de temps à couper les fils entre certaines lettres.
Mais, personnellement, je suis heureuse du résultat.
Cette œuvre improvisé mesure 55 x 85 cm.
J’ai combiné de nombreuses techniques différentes :
Le ‘collage improvisé’ de bouts de tissus déchirés,
Pour les maintenir en place, je les ai cousus,
Le tamponnage (j’ai utilisé de la peinture textile),
La broderie : les poèmes,
Et le matelassage pour finir.



Write you soon
À très bientôt,


Nathalie

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Nathalie, this is gorgeous!

Matthew S. Kennedy a dit…

Cool Blog and very nice work BTW,

Hi, I just wanted to know if you would consider following my blog cuz I need some followers: http://tootallspottery.blogspot.com/ I talk about ceramics, tattoos, art, music, etc…
If you follow me I will put you in to win a FREE handmade necklace! My website is here: http://tootallspottery.com/

I would also be happy to do a story on your blog and put this on my blog/website as well, just let me know -
Thank you, Matt

ParisMaddy a dit…

Nathalie, very nice texture and color--- a pretty piece.

Shades of Blue a dit…

I absolutely LOVE this, the richness and tones of the blue just jump out at you. What a cool idea to embroider poems on the piece. You must be very patient and have steady hands to cut all those threads that connected the letters :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) a dit…

Nathalie, what a gorgeous quilt.
Love it.
Hugs

indium a dit…

so happy to read your blog. thanks

Linda’s Textiles a dit…

Beautiful quilt - love the collage technique, your design & colours.